How much does it typically cost for a wedding?
- Each query / request for our services is personalized by various components e.g. venue location; S. A. citizen / citizen from another country; etc. Once your needs as well as the various factors are calculated you will receive your personal quotation.
What are some advantages to working with you?
- I am adventurous and passionate about meeting and interacting with couples planning to get married.
- With my 30 odd years experience gained through interacting with many different cultural couples, I can assure you peace of mind with a stress free ceremony that will not only live in your hearts forever—but a ceremony that will also touch and cause your guests to remember it.
- My part plays out in respecting that this special day is all about you and to try to make your dream and intimate wedding ceremony a reality
- I am able to help you by sharing my inter-denominational experience with you during the planning stages of your ceremony, no matter what your religious or cultural background should be.
- In reply to your initial request for my services, I shall confirm your date by emailing you the following package: 1) My Quotation; 2) ‘Personal Information Form’—for you to complete and return to me asap for this is your ‘deposit’ that secures your date in my diary; 3) ‘Required Documents Form’—this is a segmented and tabulated form covering all the documentation that you need to assemble for me, it covers for S.A. couples; S.A. / Foreigner couples or both parties from another country; 4) ‘Proposed Wedding Ceremony Layout”—this is to assist you in your ceremony planning. Once you have worked through it, together we can take it further; 5) ‘Wedding Vows / Readings’—this is a collage of personal vows, ring vows, readings, etc. to help you put your own together.
What types of weddings do you accomodate?
- Being a registered Marriage Officer with the South African Department of Home Affairs, I can conclude all the requirements for your marriage either by, law or by the Church, whether it be religious, civil or common law marriage for heterosexual couples.
- A trend has began by couples from other countries to legalize their marriage in their own country before their actual wedding ceremony at their chosen venue here in S. A.
- I have had the pleasure of conducting marriages in the following places: Churches; private homes; garden; wine cellars; amongst the vines; beaches; on yachts; floating decks; on the rocks; lighthouses; Cape Point and of course Table Mountain. Actually, I will facilitate / officiate your ceremony as planned almost anywhere—within reason!
- Whether your choice of a ceremony be formal; traditional; specialty; private; large or intimate ceremony—I will assure you peace of mind.
What wedding services do you offer?
- PreMarital Forethought, although inclusive, is an OPTIONAL discussion/questionnaire that you can as a couple participate in- whether in person, via Skype or FaceTime.
Although I have scheduled 3 appointments, this is merely a guideline, more or less appointments can be accommodated according to the individual couples needs
- To work alongside of you in planning your very own and special wedding ceremony always with the emphasis on you—the Bridal Couple.
- To schedule three (3) preparation sessions: 1st session-all about ‘breaking the ice’…sharing experiences and simply getting acquainted with one another, spending time around your thoughts and expectations for your ceremony-nothing is ‘cast-in-stone’ at this stage as you need to spend time together talking around your proposed ceremony. 2nd 2ndsession-is more focused on and around your ceremony and required documentation. 3rd session-focused on finalizing ie. Final take on the ceremony; start time; venue layout; dress code and all documentation checked. Thumb prints are taken and payment is made.
- All the above can be accomplished via Skype or FaceTime sessions, with a final meeting in person once you have arrived in Cape Town.
- To supply you with an official Department of Home Affairs Abridged Marriage Certificate plus pages 1 and 2 of the Marriage Register on the day of your marriage.
- For non South African Citizens, to register your marriage outside of South Africa, you will need to apply for an Unabridged Marriage Certificate and Apostille at the S.A. Embassy in your country.
- I make use of my home as a meeting place which is situated in Panorama a suburb in the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town and have set aside each Monday and Tuesday evening to meet with couples, the times are 18:00-19:00hrs and 19:00-20:00hrs respectfully.
- In the midst of suburbia—‘Our Secret Garden’. You will have total exclusivity whilst enjoying your very own garden ceremony, a ceremony on a deck set out amongst beautiful trees and greenery, the sounds of running water and the air filled with the cacophony of bird calls all around you for up to 20 guests. Canape’s and drinks can be served around the pool area.
- When it comes to your vows, I can offer to prompt you with the words you have chosen, or you can recite them on your own—this is in the interests of helping to keep the stress levels as low as possible, and to make your day extra special and meaningful.
Do you charge an initial consultation?
- There is no initial consultation fee charged however, I do require that once you have confirmed my services that you complete the ‘Personal Information Form’ this form is part of a ‘package’ sent to your email address in reply to your query of my services simply complete and email it back to me—it enables me to diarize your date and to ‘open’ up a file against your name.
- My costs must be paid to me on the final appointment before the wedding ceremony date.